COACHES CODE OF BEHAVIOR/ETHICS
1. To promote good sportsmanship, by setting a positive example while coaching your athletes.
2. To respect the integrity and judgment of the sports officials.
3. To approach competition as a healthy and constructive exercise,
not as a life and death struggle that requires victory at any price.
4. To recognize that the participants in individual or team sports are young men and women with
human frailties and limitations, who are capable of making mistakes.
5. To not use crude or abusive language with players, opponents, officials, or spectators.
6. To instruct the players in the elements of good sportsmanship and remove players from
competition who demonstrate unsportsmanlike behavior.
7. To avoid behavior that will incite players, opponents, or spectators.
8. To avoid and eliminate negative comments to radio, TV, and newspaper reporters.